Serving Southern California
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
Lara T. Abuzeid founded Abuzeid Law in June 2013 with the objective of building a practice centered around customized solutions for the unique and specific needs of each client.
Lara earned her Juris Doctorate from Chapman University School of Law after graduating summa cum laude with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Studies with a Minor in Economics and Psychology from Westminster College. Lara’s work experience includes work in the fields of family law, trusts and estates, bankruptcy, business, civil litigation, tax and accounting, government and non-profit organizations.
Although Lara’s legal background is extremely diverse, practicing Family Law has enabled her to make a direct and dramatic difference in the lives of her clients. As a first-generation Arab-American who is fluent in conversational Arabic, Lara is sensitive to the impact that culture, race, gender, and religious beliefs have on family issues, and is committed to ensuring that each of her clients has a compassionate and dedicated advocate they can count on.
Lara has represented clients in family law related matters throughout Riverside, San Diego, San Bernardino and Orange Counties; including, but not necessarily limited to, matters involving dissolution of marriage, legal separation, paternity, child custody and visitation, child support, spousal support, property division, pre-marital and post-nuptial agreements, mediation, domestic violence, adoption, guardianship and surrogacy.
- Law School:
J.D., Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law, 2011
B.A., Political Studies, summa cum laude, Westminster College, 2007
- State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- ABA – American Bar Association
- National Association of Professional Women
- Network of Arab-American Professionals
- Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law Alumni Association
- Westminster College Alumni Association
Honors & Awards
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who, Inducted 2007
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities, Inducted 2007
- Outstanding Graduating Student of the Year Award, 2007
- Alpha Chi National College Honor Society, Inducted 2007
- Omicron Delta Epsilon International Honor Society in Economics, Inducted 2007
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Inducted 2005